rfc822 regexp

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Vladimir Litovka, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. Hi.

    I have a problem with writing regular expression :-( There is message's header:

    From: blah-blah
    To: blah-blah <blah@blah>, blah1 <blah1@blah>,\n\t blah2 <blah2@blah>
    Cc: blah3@blah
    Subject: rfc822 regexp

    and so on. Also, I have some string, which exactly matches part of field
    "To:" for example 'blah1 <blah1@blah>'. I need to remove this substring
    from field, noting that field can be multiline.

    I've spent lots of time and didn't succeed. All I have, doesn't give a
    correct result for all combination of commas, spaces, tabs and newlines in
    the field.

    Am I inventing wheel? Any ideas?

    Thank you.

    --
    Man is incomplete until he is married. Then he is finished.

    Vladimir Litovka, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Vladimir Litovka

    Guest

    Vladimir Litovka <> wrote in message news:<bvppil$7c7$>...
    > Hi.
    >
    > I have a problem with writing regular expression :-( There is message's header:
    >
    > From: blah-blah
    > To: blah-blah <blah@blah>, blah1 <blah1@blah>,\n\t blah2 <blah2@blah>
    > Cc: blah3@blah
    > Subject: rfc822 regexp
    >
    > and so on. Also, I have some string, which exactly matches part of field
    > "To:" for example 'blah1 <blah1@blah>'. I need to remove this substring
    > from field, noting that field can be multiline.
    >
    > I've spent lots of time and didn't succeed. All I have, doesn't give a
    > correct result for all combination of commas, spaces, tabs and newlines in
    > the field.
    >
    > Am I inventing wheel?

    Yes.

    > Any ideas?

    Get a wheel off the shelf from CPAN.

    > Thank you.

    This newsgroup does not exist (see FAQ). Please do not start threads here.

    , Feb 4, 2004