ri fork problem

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Joel VanderWerf, Sep 20, 2004.

  1. Is this just me or is 'ri fork' not being helpful?

    $ ruby -v
    ruby 1.9.0 (2004-09-10) [i686-linux]
    $ ri -T fork
    More than one method matched your request. You can refine
    your search by asking for information on one of:

    Thread::fork, Process::fork, Kernel#fork
    $ ri -T Process::fork
    ---------------------------------------------------------- Process::fork
    Process.fork [{ block }] => fixnum or nil
    See +Kernel::fork+.

    $ ri -T Kernel::fork
    Nothing known about Kernel::fork
    $ ri -T Kernel#fork
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Kernel#fork
    Process.fork [{ block }] => fixnum or nil
    See +Kernel::fork+.

    It looks like the problem is a missing 'call-seq' in process.c, for rb_fork.

    (Apologies if this has been corrected in the last week.)
    Joel VanderWerf, Sep 20, 2004

  2. Joel VanderWerf

    Dave Thomas Guest

    On Sep 20, 2004, at 2:35, Joel VanderWerf wrote:

    > Is this just me or is 'ri fork' not being helpful?

    I've added the fork() documentation to the Ruby source trees for 1.8
    and 1.9

    Cheers

    Dave
    Dave Thomas, Sep 21, 2004