RMI in java

Reaction score
hello ppl,
I need some help. I have been going through the forum to find some details. But could not find what exactly i am looking for.
anyways, my question is..

I have a server and a set of clients connected to the server to perform a certain task, using RMI. when a client performs an operation, the server needs to update other clients (actually all clients) about the operation, so that all the clients would have the latest information. now my question is..
i)how will the server update all the clients when actually the operation is invoked(through the RMI object in the server) by one client.
and another question..possibly,

public class MySerialObject implements Serializable
ii)ok.lets say I pass one of the object (instance of )of MySerialObject as the response for the RMI call from the client. Do I have to do anything on the client side to deserialize the object??? (in socket I would need to explicitly marshalling and unmarshalling.)

I have just started reading about RMI since 2days ago. and I am not very good at Java programming either, as i am a C/C++ developer.
just curious, since i have done a lot of socket programming, I feel the RMI looks easy to implement.(correct me if m wrong, pls)

hope i have not repeated the same question someone has already asked or asked in a different way.

i have got many other things about RMI in Java also. but will ask one by one.

thanks for any kind of help or response

--david

Ask a Question