rmi server start - portability

kurdt.johnston

Hi,

I have an Java RMI server written.

I currently start this server through a windows batch file:
"
cd F:\tomcat\webapps\project\rmiserver\
java -Djava.security.policy=server.policy
-Djava.security.codebase=http://xxx.xxx.x.x/server/ RmiServer
pause
"

This works fine, however, I want to be able to start this server from
Unix as well as windows.

I want to write a Java application to start the server from any
platform but I am not sure to run the above commands from a Java
application.
I researched this topic and only found a few solutions, such as,
starting the batch file from the application, but this does not solve
my problem.

Any suggestions?

Thank you all in advance,
Kurdt