Roadmap to python internal source code's Network socket interface.

Discussion in 'Python' started by K_Lee, Nov 11, 2003.

  1. K_Lee

    K_Lee Guest

    While trying to understand some issues to python's implementation of
    Socket, I recorded an outline to Python's socket object interface
    to the native implementation in a webblog type documents in our website.

    Just like to share it with others in case you find it useful.

    Each of the following lines are links to source code where
    the functions, macros, variables and comments are hyperlinks
    to each others in other source files make browse, understand and document
    the source code easier.

    http://www.slink-software.com/W/SrcDoc_Top/Python-2.3/Python-2.3.sdoc/N_76

    Python-2.3.sdoc
    Source Map
    URL Links
    Memory Interface.
    PyObject_Malloc - obmalloc.c:556
    PyObject_Free - obmalloc.c:700
    Network Interface
    init_socket - socketmodule.c:3461
    Py_InitModule3 - socketmodule.c:3469
    PySocket_MODULE_NAME - socketmodule.h:48
    PyModule_AddObject - socketmodule.c:3497
    sock_type - socketmodule.c:3496
    sock_type - socketmodule.c:2258
    sock_doc - socketmodule.c:70
    sock_methods - socketmodule.c:2102
    sock_connect - socketmodule.c:1492
    internal_connect - socketmodule.c:1437
    PySocketSockObject - socketmodule.h:92
    internal_select - socketmodule.c:592
    internal_setblocking - socketmodule.c:541
    sock_close - socketmodule.c:1417
    PySSLMethods - _ssl.c:473
    PySSL_server - _ssl.c:478
    PySSL_SSLwrite - _ssl.c:372