    If somebody can put some light on it, then it would be really great for
    my project.
    Thank you in advance.

    groves, Aug 26, 2006

  2. groves

    Simon Forman Guest

    groves wrote:
    > hi
    > I am trying to get a roll over effect on my canvas.(this is a virtual
    > program which will eventually fit into my final program)
    >
    > Exactly i have a text on my screen and I want to have a brief
    > discription across it whenever the user takes the mouse on it n hence
    > giving information about the type of text(event).
    >
    > Another thign i am looking for is to have a right click on that very
    > text as well
    > If somebody can put some light on it, then it would be really great for
    > my project.
    > Thank you in advance.

    What GUI system are you using?

    Peace,
    ~Simon

    Simon Forman, Aug 26, 2006

  3. groves

    groves Guest

    Simon Forman wrote:
    > groves wrote:
    > > hi
    > > I am trying to get a roll over effect on my canvas.(this is a virtual
    > > program which will eventually fit into my final program)
    > >
    > > Exactly i have a text on my screen and I want to have a brief
    > > discription across it whenever the user takes the mouse on it n hence
    > > giving information about the type of text(event).
    > >
    > > Another thign i am looking for is to have a right click on that very
    > > text as well
    > > If somebody can put some light on it, then it would be really great for
    > > my project.
    > > Thank you in advance.

    > What GUI system are you using?
    >
    > Peace,
    > ~Simon

    I am using python IDLE

    groves, Aug 26, 2006
  4. groves

    Simon Forman Guest

    groves wrote:
    > Simon Forman wrote:
    > > groves wrote:
    > > > hi
    > > > I am trying to get a roll over effect on my canvas.(this is a virtual
    > > > program which will eventually fit into my final program)
    > > >
    > > > Exactly i have a text on my screen and I want to have a brief
    > > > discription across it whenever the user takes the mouse on it n hence
    > > > giving information about the type of text(event).
    > > >
    > > > Another thign i am looking for is to have a right click on that very
    > > > text as well
    > > > If somebody can put some light on it, then it would be really great for
    > > > my project.
    > > > Thank you in advance.

    > > What GUI system are you using?
    > >
    > > Peace,
    > > ~Simon

    > I am using python IDLE

    IDLE's a IDE not a GUI, you can develop scripts with it that use many
    different GUI systems.

    Are you using Tkinter? (If so, Python MegaWidgets, Pmw, is a great
    resource. It has rollover tooltips. http://pmw.sourceforge.net/ )

    HTH,
    ~Simon

    Simon Forman, Aug 26, 2006
  5. groves

    groves Guest

    Sorry, as I am new to python so couldn't understand what yu were
    asking.
    Now the problem is that i annot use pmw in my project..is thre anyother
    alternative by which I can have a rollover mouse effect on the canvas.
    thanks

    groves, Aug 26, 2006
  6. groves

    Simon Forman Guest

    groves wrote:
    > Sorry, as I am new to python so couldn't understand what yu were
    > asking.
    > Now the problem is that i annot use pmw in my project..is thre anyother
    > alternative by which I can have a rollover mouse effect on the canvas.
    > thanks

    Not a problem. Although "IDE" and "GUI" are terms that are not
    specific to python. But you still haven't answered my question? Are
    you using Tkinter? wxWidgets? Gtk bindings?

    Assuming that you're using Tkinter, what prevents you from using Pmw?

    Peace,
    ~Simon

    Simon Forman, Aug 26, 2006
  7. groves

    groves Guest

    Simon Forman wrote:
    > groves wrote:
    > > Sorry, as I am new to python so couldn't understand what yu were
    > > asking.
    > > Now the problem is that i annot use pmw in my project..is thre anyother
    > > alternative by which I can have a rollover mouse effect on the canvas.
    > > thanks

    > Not a problem. Although "IDE" and "GUI" are terms that are not
    > specific to python. But you still haven't answered my question? Are
    > you using Tkinter? wxWidgets? Gtk bindings?
    >
    > Assuming that you're using Tkinter, what prevents you from using Pmw?
    >
    > Peace,
    > ~Simon

    Yes I am using Tkinter...
    the thing is I I m new to Tkhave not used PMW bfore..Nd inter...
    So just though If there is any alternative,,,as i don't have much time

    groves, Aug 26, 2006
  8. groves

    groves Guest

    groves, Aug 26, 2006
  9. groves

    SuperHik Guest

    groves wrote:
    > Simon Forman wrote:
    >> groves wrote:
    >>> Sorry, as I am new to python so couldn't understand what yu were
    >>> asking.
    >>> Now the problem is that i annot use pmw in my project..is thre anyother
    >>> alternative by which I can have a rollover mouse effect on the canvas.
    >>> thanks

    >> Not a problem. Although "IDE" and "GUI" are terms that are not
    >> specific to python. But you still haven't answered my question? Are
    >> you using Tkinter? wxWidgets? Gtk bindings?
    >>
    >> Assuming that you're using Tkinter, what prevents you from using Pmw?
    >>
    >> Peace,
    >> ~Simon

    > Yes I am using Tkinter...
    > the thing is I I m new to Tkhave not used PMW bfore..Nd inter...
    > So just though If there is any alternative,,,as i don't have much time

    PMW uses Tkinter too, so there is nothing "new",
    it just has more "complicated" widgets already
    written for you using Tkinter...

    SuperHik, Aug 26, 2006
  10. groves

    Simon Forman Guest

    SuperHik wrote:
    > groves wrote:
    > > Simon Forman wrote:
    > >> Not a problem. Although "IDE" and "GUI" are terms that are not
    > >> specific to python. But you still haven't answered my question? Are
    > >> you using Tkinter? wxWidgets? Gtk bindings?
    > >>
    > >> Assuming that you're using Tkinter, what prevents you from using Pmw?
    > >>
    > >> Peace,
    > >> ~Simon

    > > Yes I am using Tkinter...
    > > the thing is I I m new to Tkhave not used PMW bfore..Nd inter...
    > > So just though If there is any alternative,,,as i don't have much time
    > >

    > PMW uses Tkinter too, so there is nothing "new",
    > it just has more "complicated" widgets already
    > written for you using Tkinter...

    Also, the time it would take to learn how to use Pmw's "Balloon" widget
    would almost certainly be much less than rolling your own. There are a
    few tricky bits to getting it working right in Tkinter that Pmw makes
    short work of.

    Check out:
    http://pmw.sourceforge.net/doc/Balloon.html
    http://pmw.sourceforge.net/doc/howtouse.html

    HTH,
    ~Simon

    Simon Forman, Aug 26, 2006
  11. groves

    groves Guest

    SuperHik wrote:
    > groves wrote:
    > > Simon Forman wrote:
    > >> Not a problem. Although "IDE" and "GUI" are terms that are not
    > >> specific to python. But you still haven't answered my question? Are
    > >> you using Tkinter? wxWidgets? Gtk bindings?
    > >>
    > >> Assuming that you're using Tkinter, what prevents you from using Pmw?
    > >>
    > >> Peace,
    > >> ~Simon

    > > Yes I am using Tkinter...
    > > the thing is I I m new to Tkhave not used PMW bfore..Nd inter...
    > > So just though If there is any alternative,,,as i don't have much time
    > >

    > PMW uses Tkinter too, so there is nothing "new",
    > it just has more "complicated" widgets already
    > written for you using Tkinter...

    Thanks a lot
    Ill have a look

    groves, Aug 26, 2006
  12. groves

    groves Guest

    Thanks a lot Ill have a look
    and try solving my problem

    groves, Aug 26, 2006
  13. groves

    groves Guest

    Thanks a lot Ill have a look
    and try solving my problem

    groves, Aug 26, 2006
  14. groves schrieb:
    > Thanks a lot Ill have a look
    > and try solving my problem

    Ah, the summer ends and all of a sudden punctuation symbols are short.

    Diez

    Diez B. Roggisch, Aug 27, 2006