rollover effect

groves

hi
I am trying to get a roll over effect on my canvas.(this is a virtual
program which will eventually fit into my final program)

Exactly i have a text on my screen and I want to have a brief
discription across it whenever the user takes the mouse on it n hence
giving information about the type of text(event).

Another thign i am looking for is to have a right click on that very
text as well
If somebody can put some light on it, then it would be really great for
my project.
Thank you in advance.

Simon Forman

groves said:
hi
I am trying to get a roll over effect on my canvas.(this is a virtual
program which will eventually fit into my final program)

Exactly i have a text on my screen and I want to have a brief
discription across it whenever the user takes the mouse on it n hence
giving information about the type of text(event).

Another thign i am looking for is to have a right click on that very
text as well
If somebody can put some light on it, then it would be really great for
my project.
Thank you in advance.

What GUI system are you using?

Peace,
~Simon

groves

Sorry, as I am new to python so couldn't understand what yu were
asking.
Now the problem is that i annot use pmw in my project..is thre anyother
alternative by which I can have a rollover mouse effect on the canvas.
thanks

Simon Forman

groves said:
Sorry, as I am new to python so couldn't understand what yu were
asking.
Now the problem is that i annot use pmw in my project..is thre anyother
alternative by which I can have a rollover mouse effect on the canvas.
thanks

Not a problem. Although "IDE" and "GUI" are terms that are not
specific to python. But you still haven't answered my question? Are
you using Tkinter? wxWidgets? Gtk bindings?

Assuming that you're using Tkinter, what prevents you from using Pmw?

Peace,
~Simon

groves

Simon said:
Not a problem. Although "IDE" and "GUI" are terms that are not
specific to python. But you still haven't answered my question? Are
you using Tkinter? wxWidgets? Gtk bindings?

Assuming that you're using Tkinter, what prevents you from using Pmw?

Peace,
~Simon

Yes I am using Tkinter...
the thing is I I m new to Tkhave not used PMW bfore..Nd inter...
So just though If there is any alternative,,,as i don't have much time

groves

Simon said:
Not a problem. Although "IDE" and "GUI" are terms that are not
specific to python. But you still haven't answered my question? Are
you using Tkinter? wxWidgets? Gtk bindings?

Assuming that you're using Tkinter, what prevents you from using Pmw?

Peace,
~Simon

Yes I am using Tkinter...
the thing is I I m new to Tkhave not used PMW bfore..Nd inter...
So just though If there is any alternative,,,as i don't have much time

SuperHik

groves said:
Yes I am using Tkinter...
the thing is I I m new to Tkhave not used PMW bfore..Nd inter...
So just though If there is any alternative,,,as i don't have much time
PMW uses Tkinter too, so there is nothing "new",
it just has more "complicated" widgets already
written for you using Tkinter...

Simon Forman

SuperHik said:
PMW uses Tkinter too, so there is nothing "new",
it just has more "complicated" widgets already
written for you using Tkinter...

Also, the time it would take to learn how to use Pmw's "Balloon" widget
would almost certainly be much less than rolling your own. There are a
few tricky bits to getting it working right in Tkinter that Pmw makes
short work of.

Check out:
http://pmw.sourceforge.net/doc/Balloon.html
http://pmw.sourceforge.net/doc/howtouse.html

HTH,
~Simon

groves

SuperHik said:
PMW uses Tkinter too, so there is nothing "new",
it just has more "complicated" widgets already
written for you using Tkinter...

Thanks a lot
Ill have a look