    Can I suggest using !>> and <<! for right and left rotate operations
    respectively ?

    Rob

    Robert Finch, Feb 5, 2005

  2. Robert Finch

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "Robert Finch" <> wrote in message
    news:F1_Md.4718$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can I suggest using !>> and <<! for right and left rotate operations
    > respectively ?

    Suggest away. But this isn't really the best group
    for that. The group where the C++ standard and its
    future directions are discussed is comp.std.c++.
    Here we try to keep the discussion about the language
    in its current form.

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Feb 5, 2005

  3. Robert Finch

    Ron Natalie Guest

    Robert Finch wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can I suggest using !>> and <<! for right and left rotate operations
    > respectively ?

    You can suggest it...not sure anybody has any great need for such.

    !<< would be better. !>> AND !<< have the advantage of not being
    a currently valid sequence of tokens (at least to my pre-coffee recollection).
    <<! is technically a legal (though perhaps not useful) sequence:

    1 << !0;

    Ron Natalie, Feb 5, 2005