Rotate the graphics without rotate the text in SVG

Discussion in 'XML' started by RC, Aug 2, 2006.

  1. RC

    RC Guest

    First, this is a SVG issue, not 100% of XML issue. But I can't find
    SVG group to post this. Since SVG is XML file, I post here hopefully
    someone know both SVG and XML can help.

    Here is my SVG lines

    line.blue {stroke:blue;stroke-width:3;}
    line.bluedash {stroke:blue;stroke-width:1;stroke-dasharray: 9,5;}

    <defs>
    <g id="dashLine">
    <desc>Dash Line</desc>
    <line class="bluedash" x1="0" y1="-280" x2="-280" y2="0" />
    </g>

    <g id="arrow" stroke="blue" transform="translate(0,0)">
    <line class="blue" x1="0" y1="-280" x2="0" y2="280" />
    <use xlink:href="#dashLine" />
    <use xlink:href="#dashLine" transform="scale(-1,1)" />
    <text x="0" y="-280">Arrow</text>
    </g>

    </defs>

    <use xlink:href="#arrow" transform="rotate(180, 0, 0)" />

    Now, I rotate the arrow by 60 degrees, but the text also rotate
    ( read upside down).

    I would like rotate the arrow in any degrees, but the text remain
    zero degree rotation.

    Any idea how do I resolve this problem?
    Thank Q very much in advance!

    RC, Aug 2, 2006

  2. * RC wrote in comp.text.xml:
    >First, this is a SVG issue, not 100% of XML issue. But I can't find
    >SVG group to post this. Since SVG is XML file, I post here hopefully
    >someone know both SVG and XML can help.

    There is the svg-developers list on yahoogroups.com.

    >I would like rotate the arrow in any degrees, but the text remain
    >zero degree rotation.

    Then you have to organize your document differently, for example, you
    can put the arrow and the text in separate groups, and rotate only the
    group you want to have rotated.

    Bjoern Hoehrmann, Aug 3, 2006