rt.jar classlpath confusion

Roedy Green

I thought that Javac.exe finds rt.jar all by itself. Now I am
puzzled.

I have code like this:

// Ideally turn off Java logging even SEVERE faulty cookie
messages from KOBO, but Javac can't find jars

PlatformLogger logger = PlatformLogger.getLogger(
"java.net.CookieManager" );
logger.setLevel( PlatformLogger.OFF );
CookieHandler.setDefault( new CookieManager( null /* in ram
store */, CookiePolicy.ACCEPT_ORIGINAL_SERVER ) );

It complies fire under IntelliJ, but when I feed it to Javac.exe with
ant it says there is no such package as
sun.util.logging.PlatformLogger;

I discovered the class lives in E:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_04\jre\lib\rt.jar

JAVA_HOME=E:\Program Files\java\jdk1.7.0_04

--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com