ruby 1.8.7-p17 compile fails with MacPorts readline?

Tim Ferrell

I am trying to compile ruby 1.8.7-p17 on my Macbook where I have
readline 5.2.012 installed via MacPorts and the compile fails with the
following error:

readline.c: In function ‘filename_completion_proc_call’:
readline.c:703: error: ‘filename_completion_function’ undeclared (first
use in this function)

A detailed (configure/make) log is attached... Any ideas? 1.8.6-p114
compiled fine this morning on the same machine...

Thanks!

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/2199/ruby187-fail.log

Tim Ferrell

Tim said:
I am trying to compile ruby 1.8.7-p17 on my Macbook where I have
readline 5.2.012 installed via MacPorts and the compile fails

Never mind... sorted it out by adding --with-readline-dir=/usr/local to
the configure args... Apparently ruby 1.8.7 is not compatible with
Apple's bundled readline.

Cheers,
Tim