Ruby Electric Minor Mode

Dee Zsombor

Greetings Everyone!

I've have implemented a simple Emacs/XEmacs minor mode for editing Ruby
files with following capabilities:

(*) automatic insertion of 'end' after block level keywords like
'module', 'class', 'def', 'if' (...). Conditional statement modifiers
as well as 'do' are handled correctly.

(*) matching pair completion for delimiters {|(["'`. Matching does not
happen inside strings or comments. Except for curly braces that are
completed whenever using value substitution with the "#{expression}"
syntax.

(*) provides custom support to enable/disable particular completions.

You can download it from
http://shylock.uw.hu/Emacs/ruby-electric.el

Suggestions are welcomed,
Zsombor

My blog: http://deezsombor.blogspot.com

Brian Schröder

Greetings Everyone!

I've have implemented a simple Emacs/XEmacs minor mode for editing Ruby
files with following capabilities:

(*) automatic insertion of 'end' after block level keywords like
'module', 'class', 'def', 'if' (...). Conditional statement modifiers
as well as 'do' are handled correctly.

(*) matching pair completion for delimiters {|(["'`. Matching does not
happen inside strings or comments. Except for curly braces that are
completed whenever using value substitution with the "#{expression}"
syntax.

(*) provides custom support to enable/disable particular completions.

You can download it from
http://shylock.uw.hu/Emacs/ruby-electric.el

Suggestions are welcomed,
Zsombor

My blog: http://deezsombor.blogspot.com

Thanks a lot, I searched for this just last week.

Regards,

Brian

Guillaume Marcais

Hi Guillaume!

First of all thanks for reporting this miss beahavioure.

Thanks to you for the code and the fix. It works now :)

I am not an emacs elisp expert by any stretch, but how hard would it be
to add the highlighting of if/def/class when the cursor is on the
matching end (and conversely)? The same way as it is done for the braces
{}. I would love to see this happening one day.

Guillaume.
It seems to load OK, but when I type class or module or any other
keyword asking for end, I get the following error in the minibuffer:

Wrong number of arguments: #[(arg) "^[v\207" [arg] 1 1345670 "p"], 0

$ emacs --version
GNU Emacs 21.3.2

Any suggestion?

Guillaume.