Ruby-FCGI Install help... Please?

Abe Vionas_MailingList

I've searched the list and Google and have seen others
having the same problem I'm having but I haven't found
any solutions. Essentially I follow the directions in
the README and if I execute the install command as
such: [ruby install.rb config --without-ext] things
seem to work just fine, as in no error messages, etc.
However, using the interactive shell and doing a
[require 'fcgi'] yields FALSE. UGH. So then I run the
other suggested command: [ruby install.rb config --
--with-fcgi-include=c:\ruby\include
--with-fcgi-lib=c:\ruby\lib] which yields "install.rb:
config done." but then when executing the next step:
ruby install.rb setup I get a "setup failed, 'system
make' failed, try 'ruby install.rb --help' for usage."

*sigh* Anyone no what I'm doing wrong? I have several
different C/C++ compilers on my machine, as well as
nmake installed. But still no dice. Help!

Running Ruby 1.8.2, Win XP SP2, Apache 2.0.52, and
TRYING to run ruby-fcgi-0.8.5

Thanks in advance!

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Zev Blut

Hello,

[Snip details about failed compiles and requires of Ruby FCGI]

Running Ruby 1.8.2, Win XP SP2, Apache 2.0.52, and
TRYING to run ruby-fcgi-0.8.5

I don't have any experience using FCGI and Windows, but
from your description I am not sure if you have installed
mod_fcgi and the FCGI development kit. If you want to run
the C bindings of FCGI for Ruby then you will need the
development kit to compile. You can get the mod_fcgi and
development kit from www.fastcgi.com

Best,
Zev

Dick Davies

* Abe Vionas_MailingList said:
I've searched the list and Google and have seen others
having the same problem I'm having but I haven't found
any solutions. Essentially I follow the directions in
the README and if I execute the install command as
such: [ruby install.rb config --without-ext] things
seem to work just fine, as in no error messages, etc.
However, using the interactive shell and doing a
[require 'fcgi'] yields FALSE. UGH. So then I run the
other suggested command: [ruby install.rb config --
--with-fcgi-include=c:\ruby\include
--with-fcgi-lib=c:\ruby\lib] which yields "install.rb:
config done."

These should be the locations of the fastcgi header files
and libraries respectively. Is that where you installed them?