Ruby GUI under JRuby and NetBeans - A cry for help!

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Victor Reyes, Jun 9, 2008.

  1. Victor Reyes

    Victor Reyes Guest

    [Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]

    Team,

    Yesterday I got JRuby with its myriad requirements working under MS Windows
    XP. Once I understand this environment well I will install it under AIX.
    The main reason, perhaps the only reason why I want this to work is to be
    able to do easy GUI design with drag/drop with NetBeans, as was suggested on
    this forum.
    NetBeans actually has a nice tutorial (*GUI Building in NetBeans IDE 5.0*),
    which I followed, but for Java.
    I can't see to find similar tutorial for Ruby. Matter of fact I tried to
    follow the Java Tutorial but for Ruby but very quickly you know that you
    can't do that.

    Is there any tutorial for Ruby like the one provided for Java for the
    environment described above?

    Thank you

    Victor
     
    Victor Reyes, Jun 9, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Victor Reyes

    Brian Moelk Guest

    Victor Reyes wrote:
    > Is there any tutorial for Ruby like the one provided for Java for the
    > environment described above?


    You might be interested in this project:

    http://monkeybars.rubyforge.org/

    They have some tutorials there.

    -Brian
     
    Brian Moelk, Jun 9, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Victor Reyes

    David Koontz Guest

    On Jun 9, 2008, at 1:41 PM, Brian Moelk wrote:

    > Victor Reyes wrote:
    >> Is there any tutorial for Ruby like the one provided for Java for the
    >> environment described above?

    >
    > You might be interested in this project:
    >
    > http://monkeybars.rubyforge.org/
    >
    > They have some tutorials there.
    >
    > -Brian


    Yes in fact we added some new tutorials today that takes you through
    installing and configuring Netbeans all the way through "Hello World"
    packaged up for distribution to an end user.

    David Koontz
     
    David Koontz, Jun 10, 2008
    #3
  4. On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 12:39 AM, David Koontz <> wrote:
    > On Jun 9, 2008, at 1:41 PM, Brian Moelk wrote:
    >
    >> Victor Reyes wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Is there any tutorial for Ruby like the one provided for Java for the
    >>> environment described above?

    >>
    >> You might be interested in this project:
    >>
    >> http://monkeybars.rubyforge.org/
    >>
    >> They have some tutorials there.
    >>
    >> -Brian

    >
    > Yes in fact we added some new tutorials today that takes you through
    > installing and configuring Netbeans all the way through "Hello World"
    > packaged up for distribution to an end user.


    Aha, I see it's been updated! Thanks for that!

    Les
     
    Leslie Viljoen, Jun 11, 2008
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Pimousse
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    3,641
    Roedy Green
    Apr 21, 2004
  2. Replies:
    9
    Views:
    436
    Old Wolf
    Oct 3, 2005
  3. Slim Baltagi
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    405
    Slim Baltagi
    Dec 15, 2007
  4. Michal
    Replies:
    25
    Views:
    277
    David Morton
    Mar 21, 2007
  5. Ara.T.Howard

    cry for help - make this faster.

    Ara.T.Howard, Sep 27, 2006, in forum: Ruby
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    147
    M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
    Sep 28, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page