ruby lib that will receive email

Peña, Botp

the net/smtp only sends mail. Is there any email ruby lib out there that can
receive email? I just want to capture inbound mail; no worry on where to
save it.

thanks and kind regards -botp

Florian Gross

the net/smtp only sends mail. Is there any email ruby lib out there that can
receive email? I just want to capture inbound mail; no worry on where to
save it.

Net::pOP and Net::IMAP in Ruby's standard library?

Shalev NessAiver

Well, I think the Rails ActionMailer library just got expanded to allow
for capturing incoming mail.

If this has already been suggested before, I'm sorry, but I keep
receiving only snippets of conversations.
It's as if I only receive one email in ten for some of these threads.

-Shalev

Gavin Kistner

the net/smtp only sends mail. Is there any email ruby lib out there
that can
receive email? I just want to capture inbound mail; no worry on where
save it.

A coworker of mine was recently searching for free forum software (like
UBB) that also had a mail gateway. A groups.yahoo.com type replacement.

In case anyone needs an idea of another app that (like rails) might be
a major reason for people to adopt ruby, there you have it. It would
not be a trivial undertaking, and one of the 'selling' points would be
that it was a free OSS solution, but it would be a great addition to
the net.community. :)