Ruby must run in c:\ruby in order to find libraries (xp sp2)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by zenix, Apr 28, 2007.

  1. zenix

    zenix Guest

    Microsoft Windows(c) XP SP2 with the latest patches, bugfixes, etc.
    Ruby 1.8.5 and .6, both did not work
    Rubygems 0.9.2
    RUBYOPT = -rubygems
    PATH = c:\ruby\bin;c:\perl...
    Installed via One-Click-Installer (both .5 and .6)

    Whenever I try to run a Ruby script, the parser pauses for about 10 secs
    then returns with an error trying to locate Mongrel. I've installed it
    via rubygems which did work outside of C:\Ruby. When I went to C:\Ruby
    and typed the full path to execute it (ruby "C:\Document and
    Settings\...\Ruby\mongrel.rb") it runs ok, everything is happy. I think
    it may have to do with a missing enviorment variable. I did download and
    manually install Ruby 1.8.6 (by downloading the binaries) but Rubygems
    wouldn't install (missing libraries...zlib, etc) but I haven't taken
    that course of action yet as the One-Click is much easier ;)

    Anyone can help me please? I don't really use newsgroups much so a
    direct email would be better :) Thanks!

    zenix, Apr 28, 2007