Ruby must run in c:\ruby in order to find libraries (xp sp2)

zenix

Microsoft Windows(c) XP SP2 with the latest patches, bugfixes, etc.
Ruby 1.8.5 and .6, both did not work
Rubygems 0.9.2
RUBYOPT = -rubygems
PATH = c:\ruby\bin;c:\perl...
Installed via One-Click-Installer (both .5 and .6)

Whenever I try to run a Ruby script, the parser pauses for about 10 secs
then returns with an error trying to locate Mongrel. I've installed it
via rubygems which did work outside of C:\Ruby. When I went to C:\Ruby
and typed the full path to execute it (ruby "C:\Document and
Settings\...\Ruby\mongrel.rb") it runs ok, everything is happy. I think
it may have to do with a missing enviorment variable. I did download and
manually install Ruby 1.8.6 (by downloading the binaries) but Rubygems
wouldn't install (missing libraries...zlib, etc) but I haven't taken
that course of action yet as the One-Click is much easier ;)

Anyone can help me please? I don't really use newsgroups much so a
direct email would be better :) Thanks!