Ruby on Rails Developer Position

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Sanam Leidelmeijer, Mar 13, 2009.

  1. Hello,

    My name is Sanam with TEKsystems. I have a client in Orange County who
    is seeking a Ruby on Rails developer for a contract to hire opportunity.

    If you are interested or if you know anyone who is, please let me know!
    I appreciate your help!

    Job Description:

    A senior Web developer with experience in developing e-commerce consumer
    shopping websites. Having some expertise or understanding of Ruby on
    Rails is a big plus. Candidates with no Ruby on Rails experience would
    be assessed based on their ability to learn new technologies. The
    selected candidate gets the opportunity to be a visionary to the
    company's website presence and work on several websites from scratch
    with the latest and greatest technology. Work life balance is valued at
    this customer and atmosphere is fun and creative. Casual dress code.

    Roles and responsibilities:
    -Develop an e-commerce website in Java (platform TBD- can be MVC,
    Spring, Hibernate, Struts- client is open) and Rails platform using Ruby
    -Develop open source software modules using Ruby -Develop content
    management system
    -Create unit test cases while developing code
    -Create detailed design documents for major projects
    -Manage change management requests and code migration
    -Work with client managers and design teams to review and elaborate
    project
    Sanam Leidelmeijer, Mar 13, 2009