Ruby way to make a thumbnail of an AVI on Linux

Chris Pine

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to take the first frame of an AVI and turn it into a thumbnail. The program is running on my linux server. I tried rmagic a while back (which I love, BTW), but it didn't work... something about some kind of bad chunk type or something, IIRC. Does anyone know of any way to do this?

At this point, I'd accept something as un-rubyesque as:
system(...)

:)

Thanks for any help,

Chris

Tim Hunter

Chris said:
Hello,

I'm looking for a way to take the first frame of an AVI and turn it into a
thumbnail. The program is running on my linux server. I tried rmagic a
while back (which I love, BTW), but it didn't work... something about some
kind of bad chunk type or something, IIRC. Does anyone know of any way to
Thanks for the compliment!

You might try RMagick again and a newer version of ImageMagick. It's up to
6.0.3-3 now, I think. There's always lots of fixes in each new release. If
you still have a problem, let me know. If I can't make it work I'll pass it
on to John Christy, the IM lead developer.