    Er, is anyone taping the presentations and stuff? Even boring old
    non-streaming non-live recordings would be neat! Or a postcard, or
    something.

    ES, Oct 6, 2005

  2. On Oct 5, 2005, at 9:41 PM, ES wrote:

    > Sadly, I cannot attend this year (I will send you pictures from my
    > COBOL Retreat in the Rockies) but I sensed a definite lack of any
    > firm understanding of the state of capturing the wonderful essences
    > of rubydom on redistributable media?
    >
    > Er, is anyone taping the presentations and stuff? Even boring old
    > non-streaming non-live recordings would be neat! Or a postcard, or
    > something.

    I second this. I can't make it either and would really like to see
    and hear some of the presentations. I will donate server space to
    serve up the media from on my 100Mbit unlimited pipe if someone
    makes some video or audio available for the community.

    Thanks-

    -Ezra Zygmuntowicz
    WebMaster
    Yakima Herald-Republic Newspaper

    509-577-7732
    Ezra Zygmuntowicz, Oct 6, 2005

  3. ES

    Ben Myles Guest

    Heck, if there were high quality streams of everything I'd pay for an
    "internet pass" to RubyConf ;-)

    Ben

    Ben Myles, Oct 6, 2005
  4. ES

    Damphyr Guest

    Ben Myles wrote:
    > Heck, if there were high quality streams of everything I'd pay for an
    > "internet pass" to RubyConf ;-)
    >
    > Ben
    >
    > On 10/6/05, Ezra Zygmuntowicz <> wrote:
    >
    >>I second this. I can't make it either and would really like to see
    >>and hear some of the presentations. I will donate server space to
    >>serve up the media from on my 100Mbit unlimited pipe if someone
    >>makes some video or audio available for the community.

    Imagine what we europeans would say, left out of the party like this!
    Yeah-ih for multimedia feeds.
    :)
    V.-

    --
    http://www.braveworld.net/riva

    Damphyr, Oct 6, 2005
  5. On Oct 5, 2005, at 11:41 PM, ES wrote:

    > Sadly, I cannot attend this year (I will send you pictures from my
    > COBOL Retreat in the Rockies) but I sensed a definite lack of any
    > firm understanding of the state of capturing the wonderful essences
    > of rubydom on redistributable media?
    >
    > Er, is anyone taping the presentations and stuff? Even boring old
    > non-streaming non-live recordings would be neat! Or a postcard, or
    > something.

    I think a Podcast for each presentation would be too cool for words. :)

    James Edward Gray II
    James Edward Gray II, Oct 6, 2005
  6. On 10/6/05, James Edward Gray II <> wrote:

    > I think a Podcast for each presentation would be too cool for words. :)

    Most definitely. What if podcasts were available for presentations on
    the night after those presentations, along with web-based slides that
    you could check out while listening to the podcast? That would be
    wonderful.

    Come on, we are the Ruby community, surely someone can set up a Ruby
    script to automate all this, as long as someone can digitally record
    the presentations and the presenters provide their slides in some
    common format.

    We could even use BitTorrent for the podcast downloads so no server is
    too bogged down (though Ezra's offer sure is nice as well.)

    Ryan
    Ryan Leavengood, Oct 6, 2005
  7. On Oct 6, 2005, at 11:01 AM, Ryan Leavengood wrote:

    > On 10/6/05, James Edward Gray II <> wrote:
    >

    >> I think a Podcast for each presentation would be too cool for
    >> words. :)
    >>

    > Most definitely. What if podcasts were available for presentations on
    > the night after those presentations, along with web-based slides that
    > you could check out while listening to the podcast? That would be
    > wonderful.
    >
    > Come on, we are the Ruby community, surely someone can set up a Ruby
    > script to automate all this, as long as someone can digitally record
    > the presentations and the presenters provide their slides in some
    > common format.
    >
    > We could even use BitTorrent for the podcast downloads so no server is
    > too bogged down (though Ezra's offer sure is nice as well.)
    >
    > Ryan

    I am cross posting this to the rails list as well. We want
    podcasts and video from RubyConf!

    Yes please lets make this happen. I have this server till the
    end of the year and it has a very light load on it right now. My
    account has unlimited bandwidth every month on a fat 100Mbit pipe and
    I have plenty of HD space left. So come on! Lets use my bandwidth for
    something good. I will create an ftp account for anyone who wants to
    upload media from RubyConf and i will take the responsibility of
    creating and maintaining a web page for people to download the media
    from.
    Anyone going to RubyConf that would be kind enough to record
    some video or audio please contact me on or off list and I will set
    up the necessary ftp accounts and whatnot. I have learned so much
    from everyone here that its only fair I donate a little something
    back. Maybe I will just install Typo and make a post about each media
    file as they come in with attribution and description.

    I hope we can get some kind souls to take pitty on all of us rubyists
    who can't afford to make it to San Diego

    Thoughts?

    Cheers-

    -Ezra Zygmuntowicz
    Yakima Herald-Republic
    WebMaster
    http://yakimaherald.com
    509-577-7732
    Ezra Zygmuntowicz, Oct 6, 2005
  8. ES

    Chad Fowler Guest

    On 10/6/05, Ezra Zygmuntowicz <> wrote:

    > On Oct 6, 2005, at 11:01 AM, Ryan Leavengood wrote:
    >
    > > On 10/6/05, James Edward Gray II <> wrote:
    > >

    > >> I think a Podcast for each presentation would be too cool for
    > >> words. :)
    > >>

    > > Most definitely. What if podcasts were available for presentations on
    > > the night after those presentations, along with web-based slides that
    > > you could check out while listening to the podcast? That would be
    > > wonderful.
    > >
    > > Come on, we are the Ruby community, surely someone can set up a Ruby
    > > script to automate all this, as long as someone can digitally record
    > > the presentations and the presenters provide their slides in some
    > > common format.
    > >
    > > We could even use BitTorrent for the podcast downloads so no server is
    > > too bogged down (though Ezra's offer sure is nice as well.)
    > >
    > > Ryan
    > >

    > I am cross posting this to the rails list as well. We want
    > podcasts and video from RubyConf!
    >
    > Yes please lets make this happen. I have this server till the
    > end of the year and it has a very light load on it right now. My
    > account has unlimited bandwidth every month on a fat 100Mbit pipe and
    > I have plenty of HD space left. So come on! Lets use my bandwidth for
    > something good. I will create an ftp account for anyone who wants to
    > upload media from RubyConf and i will take the responsibility of
    > creating and maintaining a web page for people to download the media
    > from.
    > Anyone going to RubyConf that would be kind enough to record
    > some video or audio please contact me on or off list and I will set
    > up the necessary ftp accounts and whatnot. I have learned so much
    > from everyone here that its only fair I donate a little something
    > back. Maybe I will just install Typo and make a post about each media
    > file as they come in with attribution and description.
    >
    > I hope we can get some kind souls to take pitty on all of us rubyists
    > who can't afford to make it to San Diego
    >
    > Thoughts?
    >
    > Cheers-

    If someone wants to bring an extra laptop and baby sit the recordings,
    I believe we can make this happen. I don't know the exact specs on
    our audio equipment, so any volunteer will need to show up with a
    fairly extensive collection of Radio Shack adapters. We will be
    running everything through a mixer, so I'm sure it will be possible to
    get good audio.

    Email me directly at chad <at> chadfowler <dot> com if you're interested.

    --
    Chad Fowler
    http://chadfowler.com
    Chad Fowler, Oct 6, 2005
  9. Re: [Rails] Re: RubyConf video, audio, streams and recordings?

    I volunteered, but I haven't heard back. Maybe someone had a more
    competent-sounding offer. Heh.

    Wilson Bilkovich, Oct 8, 2005
  10. Re: [Rails] Re: RubyConf video, audio, streams and recordings?

    I'm still ready to post anything that anyone records. So get in touch
    with me off list Wilson if you want to record some stuff and I will
    set you up with an ftp account to upload your recordings to.

    Cheers-
    -EZra

    >>> http://yakimaherald.com

    Ezra Zygmuntowicz, Oct 8, 2005
  11. ES

    Jim Freeze Guest

    Re: [Rails] Re: RubyConf video, audio, streams and recordings?

    All

    Chad has obtained a mp3 recorder.
    I, and anyone else that wants to help, will assist in
    recording the sessions.

    The plan is, at the end of each session, to create an
    mp3 of each talk, add the idv info, clean up the noise
    (if possible) and post it. We are more than happy to
    use either Zachery's and/or Ezra's machine to host
    the data.

    I would prefer to set these up as a podcast and use something
    like odeo. I have applied, but have not received a response.

    I have never published a podcast. If anyone has or knows how
    to set these up as a subscription based podcast, that would be
    great!

    Jim

    --
    Jim Freeze