Ruby's Trac Alternative

James Britt

Rob said:
We are using Trac right now (4 developers, ~10 biz people), and its
working well so far. The only thing I miss is having a way to attach
estimates to tasks, whether it be "points" in the xp sense or just
hours. I know it can be done with custom fields in Trac, but just
haven't looked into the details. The SVN integration is very nice.

Time tracking can be added with a patch. I don't have the details handy
(I've rebuilt my server but not gotten around to that part of the Trac
stuff), but when I had it installed it was very handy. Google around
for Trac+TimeTracking or something.

I used it to devise project estimates and track code velocity. Quite
nice, especially how it integrate with the roadmap view.

--
James Britt

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly
universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by
uncertainty cannot be the truth."
- R. Feynman

Ernad Husremović

[ Dim ---

Ernad said:
It led me to the http://www.retrospectiva.org

I have tried retrospectiva and It seems me quite usable and features
rich.

Many thanks! Retrospectiva is currently under heavy development. I hope
to able to release 1.0RC1 soon, but I need some more help with testing
(stability is a key goal of Retrospectiva). Please check the website for
announcements and further infos.

Dimitrij

Mat Schaffer

Many thanks! Retrospectiva is currently under heavy development. I =20
hope
to able to release 1.0RC1 soon, but I need some more help with testing
(stability is a key goal of Retrospectiva). Please check the =20
website for
announcements and further infos.

Dimitrij

Thanks for the link Ernad! It does look quite good :)

Dimitrij, I looked at both the about pages for Retrospectiva and =20
Collaboa, but I couldn't get a clear sense of why you decided to =20
start a new project, rather than work on Collaboa. I get the =20
impression that it has something to do with the extensible =20
architecture in Retrospectiva. Is that correct? If you're willing, =20
I'd love to hear some of your justifications.

-Mat=

[ Dim ---

Ernad said:
Thanks for the link Ernad! It does look quite good :)

Dimitrij, I looked at both the about pages for Retrospectiva and
Collaboa, but I couldn't get a clear sense of why you decided to
start a new project, rather than work on Collaboa. I get the
impression that it has something to do with the extensible
architecture in Retrospectiva. Is that correct? If you're willing,
I'd love to hear some of your justifications.

-Mat

I wrote a note about my reasons on the collaboa mailing list
(http://lists.collaboa.org/pipermail/collaboa-talk/2006-December/000465.html).

You'll maybe also find some answers on the Retrospectiva mailing list:
http://rubyforge.org/mail/?group_id=2685.

Cheers,
Dimitrij