    Any clue how to get the actual .exe path?

    Thanks, chr

    , Nov 21, 2006

  2. > I'm trying the following code

    > require "rubyscript2exe"
    >
    > @app_dir = RUBYSCRIPT2EXE.appdir()
    >
    > that on compile time works properly, giving me the path to
    > the .rb script. On run-time though it gives to me the dir
    > where the script is temporary placed instead of the path to
    > the .exe :(

    Hi Christian,

    So, it works properly on both compile time and run time... ;]

    [1] states: "If you want to know the full path to the directory
    of your (embedded) application, use RUBYSCRIPT2EXE.appdir."

    The "embedded" in this sentence doesn't mean the EXE file, but
    the contents of the EXE file. In other words: the temporary
    directory in which the application is put before it is started.

    > Any clue how to get the actual .exe path?

    See [2].

    gegroet,
    Erik V. - http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/

    [1] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/index.html#3.3.7
    [2] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/index.html#3.3.9

    Erik Veenstra, Nov 21, 2006

    Thanks a lot Erik, RUBYSCRIPT2EXE::APPEXE works fine, is it that
    unstable? :)

    Chr

    Erik Veenstra wrote:

    > > I'm trying the following code
    > >
    > > require "rubyscript2exe"
    > >
    > > @app_dir = RUBYSCRIPT2EXE.appdir()
    > >
    > > that on compile time works properly, giving me the path to
    > > the .rb script. On run-time though it gives to me the dir
    > > where the script is temporary placed instead of the path to
    > > the .exe :(

    > Hi Christian,
    >
    > So, it works properly on both compile time and run time... ;]
    >
    > [1] states: "If you want to know the full path to the directory
    > of your (embedded) application, use RUBYSCRIPT2EXE.appdir."
    >
    > The "embedded" in this sentence doesn't mean the EXE file, but
    > the contents of the EXE file. In other words: the temporary
    > directory in which the application is put before it is started.
    >
    > > Any clue how to get the actual .exe path?

    > See [2].
    >
    > gegroet,
    > Erik V. - http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/
    >
    > [1] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/index.html#3.3.7
    > [2] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/index.html#3.3.9

    , Nov 21, 2006
  4. > RUBYSCRIPT2EXE::APPEXE works fine, is it that unstable? :)

    Okay, I understand the confusion. Yes, I consider it stable,
    since it does do what it should do. But it is unstable, since I
    want to be able to change or remove it in the future... ;]

    Technically, it's stable. Time-wise, it's unstable.

    Erik Veenstra, Nov 21, 2006

    > Technically, it's stable. Time-wise, it's unstable.

    So, I presume this is a good news... cheers Eric :)

    , Nov 23, 2006