Rubyscript2exe error

David Mitchell

When I try to convert my project with rubyscript2exe I get the following
problem:

c:/projects/> tar2rubyscript.rb wxgui
Creating archive...
Creating wxgui.rb ...

c:/projects/> rubyscript2exe.rb wxgui.rb
C:/projects/rubyscript2exe.rb:153:in `next_entry': undefined me
thod `length' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
from C:/projects/rubyscript2exe.rb:145:in `each'
from C:/projects/rubyscript2exe.rb:131:in `extract'
from C:/projects/rubyscript2exe.rb:344:in `extract'
from C:/projects/rubyscript2exe.rb:344:in `open'
from C:/projects/rubyscript2exe.rb:344:in `extract'
from C:/projects/rubyscript2exe.rb:339:in `newlocation'
from C:/projects/rubyscript2exe.rb:339:in `extract'
from C:/projects/rubyscript2exe.rb:534

I have written an init.rb, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
--
David Mitchell
Software Engineer

NOTICE:
This message (including any attachments) contains CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION intended for a specific individual and purpose, and
is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the
taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

Erik Veenstra

When I try to convert my project with rubyscript2exe I get
the following problem:

C:/projects/rubyscript2exe.rb:153:in `next_entry': undefined
me thod `length' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError) from

Your version of rubyscript2exe.rb is probably corrupt. The
problem occurs in the RBA part, not in RubyScript2Exe itself.

To make things clear: I created an RBA of my application
(RubyScript2Exe) with Tar2RubyScript. You created an RBA of
your application with Tar2RubyScript. The next step (the one
which fails) is to use my RBA to "compile" your RBA. My RBA is
failing. Not the application in it (RubyScript2Exe), but the
bootstrapping part.
I have written an init.rb, so I'm not sure what I'm doing
wrong.

Your init.rb has nothing to do with RubyScript2Exe. Your
init.rb is the entry point of your RBA. If you can do "ruby
wxgui.rb", you'll know if you built the RBA correctly.

gegroet,
Erik V. - http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/