Rubyscript2exe error

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by David Mitchell, Jun 9, 2005.

  1. When I try to convert my project with rubyscript2exe I get the following
    problem:

    c:/projects/> tar2rubyscript.rb wxgui
    Creating archive...
    Creating wxgui.rb ...

    c:/projects/> rubyscript2exe.rb wxgui.rb
    C:/projects/rubyscript2exe.rb:153:in `next_entry': undefined me
    thod `length' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
    from C:/projects/rubyscript2exe.rb:145:in `each'
    from C:/projects/rubyscript2exe.rb:131:in `extract'
    from C:/projects/rubyscript2exe.rb:344:in `extract'
    from C:/projects/rubyscript2exe.rb:344:in `open'
    from C:/projects/rubyscript2exe.rb:344:in `extract'
    from C:/projects/rubyscript2exe.rb:339:in `newlocation'
    from C:/projects/rubyscript2exe.rb:339:in `extract'
    from C:/projects/rubyscript2exe.rb:534

    I have written an init.rb, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    --
    David Mitchell
    Software Engineer

    NOTICE:
    This message (including any attachments) contains CONFIDENTIAL
    INFORMATION intended for a specific individual and purpose, and
    is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient,
    you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
    disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the
    taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.
    David Mitchell, Jun 9, 2005

  2. > When I try to convert my project with rubyscript2exe I get
    > the following problem:
    >
    > C:/projects/rubyscript2exe.rb:153:in `next_entry': undefined
    > me thod `length' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError) from

    Your version of rubyscript2exe.rb is probably corrupt. The
    problem occurs in the RBA part, not in RubyScript2Exe itself.

    To make things clear: I created an RBA of my application
    (RubyScript2Exe) with Tar2RubyScript. You created an RBA of
    your application with Tar2RubyScript. The next step (the one
    which fails) is to use my RBA to "compile" your RBA. My RBA is
    failing. Not the application in it (RubyScript2Exe), but the
    bootstrapping part.

    > I have written an init.rb, so I'm not sure what I'm doing
    > wrong.

    Your init.rb has nothing to do with RubyScript2Exe. Your
    init.rb is the entry point of your RBA. If you can do "ruby
    wxgui.rb", you'll know if you built the RBA correctly.

    gegroet,
    Erik V. - http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/
    Erik Veenstra, Jun 9, 2005