Rubyscript2exe

Jonah Dahlquist

Hello, world!

I hate to just give another problem, but not enough to not to.
Rubyscript2exe worked fine to assemble a program I wrote, but when I try
to run it, it produces an error saying that it can't find a Gem I
included (archive-zip). Can't quite figure it out. The Gem is included
in the main .rb file, it makes the .exe just fine, and the program runs
perfectly outside of rubyscript2exe. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks!

Marvin Gülker

Jonah said:
Hello, world!

I hate to just give another problem, but not enough to not to.
Rubyscript2exe worked fine to assemble a program I wrote, but when I try
to run it, it produces an error saying that it can't find a Gem I
included (archive-zip). Can't quite figure it out. The Gem is included
in the main .rb file, it makes the .exe just fine, and the program runs
perfectly outside of rubyscript2exe. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Jonah,

Which version of Ruby are you using? Did you require "rubygems"?
rubyscript2exe has problems with the recent version of RubyGems, because
it's no longer maintained. I recommend the gem ocra for packing ruby
scripts as executable files on Windows.

Marvin