Rufus Sheduler, Dinamic timing changing

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Alvaro Di, Mar 9, 2010.

  1. Alvaro Di

    Alvaro Di Guest

    Hi!

    In my app, i'm using Rufus Sheduler to shedule some automatic tasks, my
    problem is that i want to set the frecuency of this task from an
    external VAR.
    Actually i have something like this: (simplify)

    repeat = Rufus::Scheduler::plainScheduler.start_new # create a shedule
    process

    blabla...

    repeat.every "VAR" :blocking => true do
    blabla...
    end

    repeat.join
    It's works fine, but when i update "VAR" (i.e. 2s to 8s) , the frecuency
    does not update the value, it continues doing the task every 2s...

    What it's the way to update this value at the sheduling?

    Thaks a lot!

    Alvaro Di, Mar 9, 2010