run a python script located on linux from a windows computer

jacques

hello everybody

i have a computer with redhat linux. on this computer i have some
python scripts i want to run. i don't want to run them with linux but
with windows. so i have a second computer (win) with python installed.
how can i lauch the script on the linux?

python myscript.py 192.168.1.1 ?

thank you for any help.

bye jacques

Mitja

jacques said:
hello everybody

i have a computer with redhat linux. on this computer i
have some python scripts i want to run. i don't want to
run them with linux but with windows. so i have a second
computer (win) with python installed. how can i lauch the
script on the linux?

python myscript.py 192.168.1.1?

First, your system has to be able to access the file on Linux - this obviously has nothing to do with Python. What you need is a
Samba server running on your Linux box. It will then be accessible via the "Network Neighbourhood" icon on your desktop. Once you've
got that, you can do something like

python \\mylinuxbox\py_proggies\myscript.py

John Lenton

i have a computer with redhat linux. on this computer i have some
python scripts i want to run. i don't want to run them with linux but
with windows. so i have a second computer (win) with python installed.
how can i lauch the script on the linux?

python myscript.py 192.168.1.1 ?

there are several ways to read your question; one (which is still
slightly ambiguous) is 'how can I have a script executed on the linux
computer from a script running on the windows computer?'. There are
several ways of doing this, but probably the easyest is running some
kind of RPC server on the linux box, and having the windows box be a
client of same. Possibly the easyest way to do this is with pyro.

--
John Lenton ([email protected]) -- Random fortune:
I will not say that women have no character; rather, they have a new