run asp-script when leaving / closing a page

Øyvind Isaksen

Hi!

When a user enter my page, a cookie is created.
When the user leaves the page (closeing the page), the cookie needs to be
deleted.

How can I call an ASP-script when the user close/exit the page??

Best regards,
Øyvind Isaksen

Evertjan.

Øyvind Isaksen wrote on 11 okt 2003 in
When a user enter my page, a cookie is created.
When the user leaves the page (closeing the page), the cookie needs
to be deleted.

How can I call an ASP-script when the user close/exit the page??

1
You cannot [directly].

2
ASP is an intricate part of a page and runs BEFORE the page is on the
client.

3
Closing of a page is a clientside thing. The server has no knowledge of
that.

4
ONLY if the clientside browser is smart enough to launch a onclose event,
that event could call another asp page, that executes your ASP scripting.