Run JSF with Tomcat 5.5

vmas

Hi,

I am new to Java Server Faces.

I am having problem deploying JSF application in Tomcat.

Can any one please help me with the deployment.

Environment:

Tomcat: version 5.5
JSF: 1.1.01
Java: 1.5

Thank You.
vmas

Aquila Deus

vmas said:
Hi,

I am new to Java Server Faces.

I am having problem deploying JSF application in Tomcat.

Can any one please help me with the deployment.

What's the problem? Any error message?
Environment:

Tomcat: version 5.5
JSF: 1.1.01
Java: 1.5

Hmmm... I think JSF is not ready to use yet... I dumped it several days
ago and decided to stay with struts.

vmas

Hi Aquila,

There is no Error message.

Html content appears on the page. But the InputText field &
CommandButton fields does not appear.

Log file of Tomcat shows
1) Fatal Error w.r.t Digester & Collections.
2) Parse Error for <servlet-name> tag even thou syntax is fine in
web.xml

Thanks
vmas

writeOnceDebugEverywhere()

vmas said:
Hi Aquila,

There is no Error message.

Html content appears on the page. But the InputText field &
CommandButton fields does not appear.

Log file of Tomcat shows
1) Fatal Error w.r.t Digester & Collections.
2) Parse Error for <servlet-name> tag even thou syntax is fine in
web.xml

- did you tried to run JSF demo applications (shipped with JSF ref. impl) ?

- what do you exactly have on your .jsp page; only set of standard JSF
components/tags, or something else ?

Can you post here content of your (critical) .jsp page, along with web.xml ?