running 2 or more application in windows using perl

hara

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;

use Win32::process;

sub get_formatted_error {
Win32::FormatMessage( Win32::GetLastError() );
}

my $process;
Win32::process::Create(
$process,
"C:\\Windows\\system32\\notepad.exe",
"notepad.exe test.txt",
0,
NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS,
".",
) or die get_formatted_error();

sleep 5;

$process->Kill( 0 );
with regard to above script

i want to add something.

using Win32::process module
can i run 2 or more commands from command line
like
notepad.exe temp.txt
then i want to run a batch file like b.bat.

is it possible to do that using Win32::process module.

A. Sinan Unur

@y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

with regard to above script

That is the script I had posted in response to another question of
yours.
i want to add something.

using Win32::process module
can i run 2 or more commands from command line
like
notepad.exe temp.txt
then i want to run a batch file like b.bat.

is it possible to do that using Win32::process module.

What happened when you tried? Or, do you just want to have other people
do all your work?

Sinan

--
A. Sinan Unur <[email protected]>

hara

As per the module instructions we can pass only one command line
argument.

So i tried that but showing the below mentioned error.

aborted due to compilation error.
I read the whole module help but it didn't help.

regards

Brian McCauley

hara said:
As per the module instructions we can pass only one command line
argument.

So i tried that but showing the below mentioned error.

aborted due to compilation error.
I read the whole module help but it didn't help.

We'll the code you posrted worked fine for me.

The error "aborted due to compilation error" on it's own does not look
like a Perl error.

Are you sure that was the exact and entire message?