Running Asp.net on an a plain ASP application

abdala.fernando

I have problems running an asp.net page/s (a directory) that has to be
inside an ASP 3.0 web site (So for the IIS it is a ASP application).

The framework is working on the server, if i deploy the site with the
debug version it works just fine. But when i make de release it gives
me this error:
Could not load the assembly 'xxx'. Make sure that it is compiled before
accessing the page.

I can't create a diferent application for the directory that has the
..aspx pages. The .dll is in the /bin folder, and i tried putting the
folder in different locations but it still doesn't run. The server has
IIS 5.0

I don't know if someone had a similar problem but may be someone could
explain why the aspnet_isapi.dll (or the IIS i don't know) can't find
the .dll. Why i have to create an application in the IIS to make it
work ? Why it works when it has te aspx.vb files? When the IIS creates
an application for the forder the .net framwork is somehow "alert"?

I know that this is more of an IIS problem instead of a .NET problem
but i don't know where to look anymore and i'm still not sure if it's
imposible to make it work(making it work without creatin a new
application)

Any comment or link is welcome. thanks

arnoled

Finaly it's working...

I had to create the subfolders that were used in the application inside
the project and then make the release. I've already tried putting the
/bin folder in the root of the application but it hadn't work (which is
in thery the same thing i've done here), really wierd.

Anyway, if someone had a similar problem take into account this. Many
solutions that were on the web involved creating a new application on
the IIS.

cheers