    web.config file. Is this possible? The help is very much appreciated!

    Thanks in advance.

    Peter

    Peter, Aug 19, 2004

  2. Peter

    Ray at Guest

    You can control the anonymous access settings for that page in IIS, for one.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Aug 19, 2004

  3. Peter

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 06:03:03 -0700, "Peter"
    <> wrote:

    >Please, could anybody tell me, is it possible to run an asp page as
    >particular user?

    ASP pages run in the context of whatever user runs them. In the case
    of anonymous access, this is the anonymous user account. In the case
    of Windows Authentication, this is the Windows account that
    authenticated.

    >I have this situation where I have one shared folder on particular server
    >and this folder is shared for just one user to access it. I wrote an asp page
    >wich should open a file from that shared folder. However because the folder
    >is shared for just one user I have somehow to run the asp page as this user.

    No, what you need to do is provide the proper permissions to the
    file/folder that needs access. It makes no sense to lock a folder
    down to only one user but impersonate that user for access when you
    can simply provide the required access.

    >The same way like in ASP.NET application where I can use impersonation in
    >web.config file. Is this possible?

    ASP doesn't do impersonation, but you could possibly stream the file
    from the folder and impersonate the user in question. Or use ASP.NET
    to access the file.

    Or simply provide the required access in the first place. :)

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Aug 19, 2004