Running External App Possible?

Gene Ariani

I have seen numerous post about this subject and I am still unclear about
it.
I do not know even if it is possible to invoke and external application from
asp.net. Has anyone actually done this?
I am trying to invoke an access mdb files from my aspx page. The mdb has an
autoexec file and when its run it will execute some code then it quits.

This is the code:

Dim StartInfo As New System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo
StartInfo.FileName = "MSAccess.exe"
StartInfo.Arguments = "db1.mdb"
StartInfo.WorkingDirectory = "C:\test"
StartInfo.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(StartInfo)

The MSAccess process starts (task manager) but it will never invoke db1.mdb.
I have given permission to ASPNET user to the test folder and under www
services\logon I have checked the box for "allow services to interact with
desktop"
Can someone shed some light on this issue.

Any help is appreciated it.