Running Python (Windows) with _spawnvp requires unexpected quotes around arguments

Elmar Krieger

Hi!

The _spawnvp function expects the command line arguments as a NULL
terminated list of char * pointers, hence there is no need to enclose
filenames with quotes if they contain spaces.
However, if I run pythonw.exe with _spawnvp, and the Python script to
execute (that's the second command line parameter) has spaces in the
pathname, it only works if the pathname is enclosed with quotes.
Is that OK?

Elmar