Runtime.exec ()+ Broken pipe on large POST data

Jon Wayne

Hi
I'm using tomcat 4.0 on a solaris platform, and using the internal API
CGIServlet.java to handle the CGI's.
The servlet spawns off a Process and writes on it's output stream
(BufferedOutputStream) the POST data.
This seems to work quite well, except when large POST data is
recieved; the servlet throws a Broken Pipe I/O exception.

The irony is that inspite of this , the cgi is actually invoked, and
executed too.
I'd appreciate if anyone could tell me why this is so?

Thanks
Regards
Jon