Safari problem

golubovsky

Hi,

I wish I could publish this on an Apple discussion forum, but they
wanted too much personal information to get an user ID. So hopefully
someone on this group may suggest something.

I am working on a program that generates Javascript out of Haskell
source to be able to run Haskell programs in web browsers. The program
is in very early stage of development, but I have published a demo HTML
page so users of various browsers may test it and report bugs and
problems to me.

The demo page loads and works well in Netscape/Mozilla/Firefox and
MSIE. It displays an entry field, and any text typed in that field is
echoed above it. Also conversion from/to Roman numerals is done if a
decimal or a Roman number is typed. Nothing special.

The demo page is located at
http://www.golubovsky.org/repos/Echo_20061113.html ; its Haskell source
(for the curious) at http://www.golubovsky.org/repos/Echo_20061113.hs.

Someone responded:

====================
This demo page appears totally blank to me. (Using Safari under MacOS
10.4.8). The Javascript console tells me there was a "Type Error line
1".
====================

This user did not provide any other information.

I never used Safari and most likely never will, but if something can be
done to support it in my program, I'd be happy to do that.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dimitry

Peter Michaux

This demo page appears totally blank to me. (Using Safari under MacOS
10.4.8). The Javascript console tells me there was a "Type Error line
1".

The error console in Opera 9 gives a couple much more descriptive
errors and has something about line 1 and the page shows nothing also.
Perhaps if you solve it for Opera it will work in Safari too.

Peter