same name global variable multi-files

quickcur

Hi,

I used to have different c code in different files and compiled as
different programs. For example, I have

proc1.c:

int x1, x2;

void work1()
{
int b = x1 + x2;

x1 and x2 are global variables and proc1.c and other c files are
compiled as to a program called "p1".

proc2.c:

int x1, x2;

void work2()
{
int b = x1 * x2;

proc2.c and other c files are compiled to a program called "p2".

I am now working on a new program where I would like to have both
function "work1" and "work2". I tried to share the same code but it did
not link because x1 and x2 has the same name in proc1 and proc2. Since
proc1 and proc2 have many many global variable with the same names and
I have even proc3, proc4...., I do not want to change them one by one.
Is there a good way to solve the naming conflict? Since I still use the
code in my separated program p1 and p2, I would like to keep the change
as little as possible. I do not want to put proc.1 into a c++ class,
for example.

Thanks,
qq

Richard Heathfield

(e-mail address removed) said:
Hi,

I used to have different c code in different files and compiled as
different programs.

....and posted separately in multiple newsgroups.

I suggest you go find the reply I posted to your question elsewhere.