    I would like to know if j2me phones use same rms file format. In other
    words, does the midlet developer choose the format of the rms file in
    the phone, or does the phone place the rms file in its own format?

    Spacey Spade, Jun 14, 2005

  2. Spacey Spade

    Spacey Spade Guest

    Spacey Spade, Jun 14, 2005

  3. I dont see how the internal format of RMS data is relevant, an MIDP
    application must use the RecordStore layer and will never have to (and never
    can) deal on as low a level as actual RMS storage data. Why exactly do you
    need this?

    Remon van Vliet

    Remon van Vliet, Jun 14, 2005
  4. Spacey Spade

    Spacey Spade Guest

    >I dont see how the internal format of RMS data is relevant, an MIDP
    >application must use the RecordStore layer and will never have to (and never
    >can) deal on as low a level as actual RMS storage data. Why exactly do you
    >need this?

    Because I would like to know if it is possible to:

    1. download the RMS file from phone to computer
    2. use a program to look at and edit the contents of the RMS file
    3. upload the updated RMS file from computer to phone

    If you put a text file into the RMS file, then you could use the
    keyboard to do some typing instead of a phone's touchpad, putting the
    edited RMS file back. You could even put a file system into the RMS
    file.

    Spacey Spade, Jun 14, 2005
  5. "Spacey Spade" <> wrote in message
    > >I dont see how the internal format of RMS data is relevant, an MIDP
    > >application must use the RecordStore layer and will never have to (and

    never
    > >can) deal on as low a level as actual RMS storage data. Why exactly do

    you
    > >need this?

    > Because I would like to know if it is possible to:
    >
    > 1. download the RMS file from phone to computer
    > 2. use a program to look at and edit the contents of the RMS file
    > 3. upload the updated RMS file from computer to phone
    >
    > If you put a text file into the RMS file, then you could use the
    > keyboard to do some typing instead of a phone's touchpad, putting the
    > edited RMS file back. You could even put a file system into the RMS
    > file.

    Fair enough, this can only possibly work with phone manufacturer dev toolsm
    but i'll assume that's not a problem. As far as RMS details go, i would
    assume the format is the same in almost all cases, as it should (?) be based
    on a reference implementation.

    Remon van Vliet, Jun 15, 2005