    Any idea where to start looking?

    Thanks,

    Rud.

    Rud, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Rud

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:bu4e4u$irh$1.nb.home.nl>
    "Rud" <n0sp@> said:

    > Is there a file format that browsers can read where all the images and text
    > are stored into a single file.

    you could encode the images in the html, not supported by IE but works
    with NS4.x, moz and opera.

    example: http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/base64-image.html

    > I'm using a database application that allows me to attach a single
    > file only. And I want that file to be a webpage with images
    > included...

    why cant you just include the links to the images?

    --
    brucie

    brucie, Jan 14, 2004

  3. Rud

    rf Guest

    "Rud" <n0sp@> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a file format that browsers can read where all the images and

    text
    > are stored into a single file.

    No. Well, yes, a PDF but you don't want to inflict that on your viewer.

    > I'm using a database application that allows
    > me to attach a single file only.

    You don't attach images to a web page, you link to them with an img element.

    > And I want that file to be a webpage with
    > images included...

    Where did you obtain this "application"?

    > Any idea where to start looking?

    Right here... can't be done.

    Cheers
    Richard

    rf, Jan 15, 2004
  4. Rud

    rf Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > in post: <news:bu4e4u$irh$1.nb.home.nl>
    > "Rud" <n0sp@> said:
    >
    > > Is there a file format that browsers can read where all the images and

    text
    > > are stored into a single file.

    > you could encode the images in the html, not supported by IE but works
    > with NS4.x, moz and opera.

    I didn't know that! :)

    > example: http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/base64-image.html

    Is that an image of you without your protection on? Cant really tell, even
    when I blow it up to 500%.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jan 15, 2004
  5. Rud

    brucie Guest

    brucie, Jan 15, 2004
  6. Rud

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:6ynNb.12813$>
    "rf" <> said:

    >> you could encode the images in the html, not supported by IE but works
    >> with NS4.x, moz and opera.

    > I didn't know that! :)

    i'm sure you did, we've gone over it before. you've just forgotten.

    >> example: http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/base64-image.html

    > Is that an image of you without your protection on?

    yes, its the image i use for my 1bit usenet x-face in my headers

    "NDEIR|fF!DoqI!Tm27N~JOUkO#:1035}tc,Oz}rUP|2?usp82p"e18,a#[mTPSF1GEO`v]
    :XD~dlW<xRe]xK%%y`?0P?}|oqm=7Is,.||^)cQ9k$sl.|H8N5{z{!*hT"

    x-face decoder at the bottom of the page:
    http://www.dairiki.org/xface/

    or you could use a real newsreader that will display them.

    > Cant really tell, even when I blow it up to 500%.

    1. blow it up to 1000% and stand about 4-6mt away from the monitor
    2. gouge your eyes out while screaming hysterically

    --
    brucie - i usenet nude

    brucie, Jan 15, 2004

  7. >
    > example: http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/base64-image.html
    >
    > > I'm using a database application that allows me to attach a single
    > > file only. And I want that file to be a webpage with images
    > > included...

    > why cant you just include the links to the images?
    >
    > --
    > brucie

    What about using PDF's then all of the text and images are contained in the
    one file?

    Derek @ Blueyonder, Jan 15, 2004
  8. Rud

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:UPqNb.669$>
    "Derek @ Blueyonder" <> said:

    >>> I'm using a database application that allows me to attach a single
    >>> file only. And I want that file to be a webpage with images
    >>> included...

    >> why cant you just include the links to the images?

    > What about using PDF's

    you're trying to fix the wrong problem. use a better db app

    > then all of the text and images are contained in the
    > one file?

    you have to hope that people have pdf support and they can be bothered
    downloading them. personally i don't bother anymore, i got sick of
    downloading 200k pdfs that could have been done with 10k of html.

    --
    brucie - i usenet nude

    brucie, Jan 15, 2004
  9. Rud

    rf Guest

    "Derek @ Blueyonder" <> wrote in message

    > > example: http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/base64-image.html
    > >
    > > > I'm using a database application that allows me to attach a single
    > > > file only. And I want that file to be a webpage with images
    > > > included...

    > > why cant you just include the links to the images?
    > >
    > > --
    > > brucie

    > What about using PDF's then all of the text and images are contained in

    the
    > one file?

    And where do you put the hyperlinks in a PDF file?

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jan 15, 2004
  10. Rud

    PeterMcC Guest

    rf <> wrote in
    <uWuNb.13451$>

    > "Derek @ Blueyonder" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >>> example: http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/base64-image.html

    >>> why cant you just include the links to the images?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> brucie

    >> What about using PDF's then all of the text and images are contained
    >> in the one file?

    > And where do you put the hyperlinks [ - ] in a PDF file?

    Yes :)

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,

    PeterMcC, Jan 15, 2004
  11. Rud

    Chris Morris Guest

    "rf" <> writes:
    > "Derek @ Blueyonder" <> wrote in message
    > > What about using PDF's then all of the text and images are
    > > contained in the one file?

    > And where do you put the hyperlinks in a PDF file?

    PDFs (recent versions at least) support hyperlinks. And some browsers
    do support anchor-style links to specified pages/locations within
    PDFs.

    Not that this makes it a good solution, but *if* their browser
    supports PDF or can work with an application that does, it will work.
    The *if* is obviously a potential killer.

    --
    Chris

    Chris Morris, Jan 15, 2004
  12. On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:14:33 +1000, brucie
    <> wrote:

    >in post: <news:cqnNb.12805$>
    >"rf" <> said:
    >
    >>> Is there a file format that browsers can read where all the images
    >>> and text are stored into a single file. Any idea where to start
    >>> looking?

    >> Right here... can't be done.

    >http://theodorakis.net/cssart.html

    Crikey, so that's where those hits were coming from. I was browsing my
    server logs earlier today, and thought, what the ...? And I had almost
    forgotten about that page.

    For the record, it's really more of a "party trick" rather than a
    recommended method for displaying images.

    Nick

    --
    Nick Theodorakis

    nicholas_theodorakis [at] urmc [dot] rochester [dot] edu

    Nick Theodorakis, Jan 16, 2004