SaveAs excel Dialog and IIS ConnectionTimeOut

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by N. Shehzad, Apr 20, 2010.

  1. N. Shehzad

    N. Shehzad Guest

    Experts:
    I have a following code that allows a user to download excel file. However
    if the download dialog has been sitting there for more than two minutes which
    is connectiontimeout setting on IIS, user cannot download the file, and it
    results in error. How can I keep the connection open, so that if users goes
    for restroom break, and meanwhile the popup saveAs dialog has shown up
    without changing the connectionTimeOut property on the IIS server?

    //request was not aborted
    Response.Clear();
    Response.ClearContent();
    Response.ClearHeaders();
    Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel";
    Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;
    filename=" + _fileDisplayName);
    Response.Charset = "";
    if (System.IO.File.Exists(Server.MapPath(".") + "\\" +
    _xlFileName))
    Response.TransmitFile(Server.MapPath(".") + "\\" +
    _xlFileName);
    Response.Flush();
    N. Shehzad, Apr 20, 2010