    this is done locally. the html file is not on a server.
    just want ideas....
    thanks
    Kourosh, Jun 2, 2006

  2. Kourosh wrote:
    > Is there a nice/easy way to save the state of a whole bunch of
    > checkboxes on an html page? I'm looping through all and saving them in
    > a cookie, and then read the cookie on a page load and set the checkbox
    > values accordingly. Just wondering if there is a better way....
    >
    > this is done locally. the html file is not on a server.
    > just want ideas....

    Without a server Cookie with JavaScript is really about it. Fudging with
    the query string very kludgey and error prone

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Jun 2, 2006

  3. Kourosh

    Kourosh Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > Kourosh wrote:
    > > Is there a nice/easy way to save the state of a whole bunch of
    > > checkboxes on an html page? I'm looping through all and saving them in
    > > a cookie, and then read the cookie on a page load and set the checkbox
    > > values accordingly. Just wondering if there is a better way....
    > >
    > > this is done locally. the html file is not on a server.
    > > just want ideas....

    > Without a server Cookie with JavaScript is really about it. Fudging with
    > the query string very kludgey and error prone

    alright thanks for the advice :)

    Kourosh, Jun 2, 2006
  4. On 2 Jun 2006 11:50:28 -0700, "Kourosh" <> wrote:

    > Is there a nice/easy way to save the state of a whole bunch of
    > checkboxes on an html page? I'm looping through all and saving them in
    > a cookie, and then read the cookie on a page load and set the checkbox
    > values accordingly. Just wondering if there is a better way....

    I have some pages where I saved CB settings in a cookie. The idea was
    to save settings from multiple pages and then create an e-mail listing
    all the selected products.

    Check <http://home.exetel.com.au/phelum/cbtest.htm> if interested.

    --
    Steven