saving my files

jaems

I bought 2 boxed copies of VS 2008 and installed one on my desktop (vista) machine and one on my laptop (XP pro).

I began the website with VS 2008 from the desktop and everything works fine.

When I use the laptop I get problems with working with webpages

below is a timed example to demonstrate problem

this at 06 Mar 2008 14:01
1.. I look at my website via ftp and the file xxxx.aspx is stamped as 06 Mar 2008 12:42 - closed ftp
2.. Start up VS 2008
3.. open the web site and wait for pages to appear in Solution explorer
4.. open a page in design mode
5.. make a small cosmetic change and wait a bit
6.. click save and it saves fine

I look at my website via ftp and the file xxxx.aspx is stamped as 06 Mar 2008 14:01 - closed ftp
7.. make another small cosmetic change and wait a few moments
8.. click the save button
Confirm dialogue appears

A more recent version of the file xxxx.aspx has been save to the web on '06/03/2008 14:01:00' . Do you want to replace the server file with your local file.

Error message appears

Cannot save the file xxxx.aspx to the Webserver. The file xxxx.aspx has been modified by (unknown) on 06 Mar 2008 14:01 -0000

I am now stuck and the only way I have found to continue is to select the whole of the source code and cut it then close the webpage without saving. Then reload the page from solution explorer delet all the text and paste mine in. Then it saves OK. After a few cahnges the process has to be repeated.

My desktop machine never has this issue. The laptop and desktop both have the same region settings and both have the time setting for GMT and have both been synchronized with time.windows.com

My colleague purchased a new laptop and installed her copy of VS 2008 and has the same problems.

Any help welcome

Jaez