Saving the selected AJAX tab for reuse on another page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by jonefer, May 18, 2008.

  1. jonefer

    jonefer Guest

    It's simple enough to set the active tab on a postback (full load)

    For example, if I wanted to be on the 3rd tab when the page loads I could put
    Tabs.ActiveTabIndex = 2 in the load event

    However, If I now select the first Tab (Tabs.ActiveTabIndex = 0)
    and want to save that for the desired selected tab on another page
    it seems extremely intense. There are a lot of posts.

    For example:
    One post
    (http://www.codeproject.com/KB/ajax/maintaining-active-tab.aspx)involves a
    webservice and an entire article
    Just to get to something like this:

    Public Sub SaveTabIndex(ByVal UniqueTabID As String, ByVal Index As Integer)
    ' Simply save to the session
    System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Session(UniqueTabID) = Index
    End Sub

    It couldn't be that difficult to just save the active tab when the user
    selects it - for use on another page?

    jonefer, May 18, 2008