    asit Guest

    What is scan code ??

    How to know the SCAN Code of a character ???
    asit, Nov 19, 2007

  2. asit

    Mark Bluemel Guest

    asit wrote:
    > What is scan code ??
    >
    > How to know the SCAN Code of a character ???

    This is nothing to do with C, and a question which a few minutes on
    Google can answer perfectly well.
    Mark Bluemel, Nov 19, 2007

  3. asit

    Guest

    , Nov 19, 2007
  4. asit

    Mark Bluemel Guest

    wrote:
    > On Nov 19, 2:12 pm, asit <> wrote:
    >> What is scan code ??
    >>
    >> How to know the SCAN Code of a character ???

    > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=scanf&sektion=3
    >
    > Read what each format specifier expects.
    > For example, 'p' expects void *

    Well done - you've illustrated why this was the wrong place for asit to
    ask his question :)
    Mark Bluemel, Nov 19, 2007
  5. asit

    santosh Guest

    In article
    <>,
    asit <> wrote on Monday 19 Nov 2007 5:42 pm:

    > What is scan code ??
    >
    > How to know the SCAN Code of a character ???

    This is a hardware characteristic which will vary from platform to
    platform, keyboard type to keyboard type. C has nothing to say about
    this.

    Usually operating systems provide utilities or APIs to obtain the scan
    codes for each key press and release. You need to consult the
    documentation for your system and ask in an appropriate group like
    santosh, Nov 19, 2007
  6. asit

    santosh Guest

    In article
    <>,
    <> wrote on Monday 19 Nov 2007
    6:09 pm:

    > On Nov 19, 2:12 pm, asit <> wrote:
    >> What is scan code ??
    >>
    >> How to know the SCAN Code of a character ???

    > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=scanf&sektion=3
    >
    > Read what each format specifier expects.
    > For example, 'p' expects void *

    I think you've misunderstood OP's question. He seems to be asking about
    keyboard scancodes, not C's scan format specifiers.
    santosh, Nov 19, 2007
  7. >What is scan code ??

    It is the bar code (UPC code) on products you purchase at stores.

    >How to know the SCAN Code of a character ???

    When you go to the store to purchase characters to reload your
    keyboard, save the packaging, which includes the UPC code for the
    character.

    (I suppose this has as much relevance to C as the PC-hardware-specific
    answer).
    Gordon Burditt, Nov 20, 2007