Schema as consumer of webservice

Lord0

Hi there,

I've asked this before but I'd thought I'd try my luck again, so
apologies in advance.

Can an XML Schema be a consumer of a webservice (without using
extensions)? I know a Stylesheet can.......though I suspect (after
searching) that a Schema cannot. Ideally I'd like to consume a
webservice in order to dynamically create restrictions/enumerations -
I know, fat chance!

Cheers

Lord0