    focused.

    Any suggestions?

    XE
    Xamle Eng, May 13, 2005

  2. XML Editor in VS2005. You'll get real-time validation and intellisense.
    For more info, see
    article intro to XML Editor:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnxmlnet/html/xmltools.asp
    video intro: http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=64642

    You can get VS2005-beta here:
    http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/default.aspx
    --
    Stan Kitsis
    Program Manager, XML Technologies

    Stan Kitsis [MSFT], May 14, 2005

  3. Xamle Eng schreef:
    > I am looking for a data oriented schema-enforcing XML editor. By
    > schema-enforcing I mean an editor that doesn't just have a button to
    > verify the schema - I want an editor that actively enforces it and
    > makes it difficult or impossible to generate data not conforming to

    the
    > schema.
    >
    > I have downloaded many XML editors, both free/open-source and
    > evaluation copies of commercial software but so far none of them fits
    > my requirements. Many of them don't have any support for schemas (XSD
    > or Relax NG). Most of the rest don't enforce it while entering data.
    > XMLMind comes close but its tree view is pretty awkward to use.
    > Compared to the formatted text view (which I don't use) it's apparent
    > that the tree view is not where the attention of the authors was
    > focused.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Have you taken a look at http://vex.sourceforge.net/ Vex - A Visual
    Editor for XML (written in Java)? I didn't try it, but it is the
    closest that I could find. There also is
    http://kxmleditor.sourceforge.net/index.html KXML Editor, but
    (according to the docs) it does not do validation, and it is completely
    tied in with KDE/Qt.

    Could you post or send me the list of free/open source XML editors you
    have found?

    Thanks,

    Jeroen.
    Jeroen N. Witmond, May 14, 2005
  4. Xamle Eng

    spin0785 Guest

    "Xamle Eng" <> schreef in bericht
    > I am looking for a data oriented schema-enforcing XML editor.

    <removed text>

    > Any suggestions?

    you might want to check out InfoPath. I think it comes with Office 2003
    professional.

    greetings

    David
    spin0785, May 17, 2005