Schema validation

motoman

I have a problem with the code sample below, basically when i run it i
get the error
classnotfoundexception org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
now i know the simple answer is declare xerces.jar in your classpath
but i have done that. I have even gotten xerces 2.5...... and still
nothing, i am really struggling here.

see the code below.

import java.io.IOException;
import org.xml.sax.XMLReader;
import org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser;

import org.xml.sax.helpers.DefaultHandler;
import org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory;
import org.xml.sax.SAXException;
import org.xml.sax.SAXParseException;
class XMLReaderValidator {

String parserClass = "org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser";
String validationFeature
= "http://xml.org/sax/features/validation";
String schemaFeature
= "http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema";
try {
String x = "<xml></xml>"; //args[0];
XMLReader r = XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader(parserClass);
r.setFeature(validationFeature,true);
r.setFeature(schemaFeature,true);
r.setErrorHandler(new MyErrorHandler());
r.parse(x);
} catch (SAXException e) {
System.out.println(e.toString());
} catch (IOException e) {
System.out.println(e.toString());
private static class MyErrorHandler extends DefaultHandler {
public void warning(SAXParseException e) throws SAXException {
System.out.println("Warning: ");
printInfo(e);
}
public void error(SAXParseException e) throws SAXException {
System.out.println("Error: ");
printInfo(e);
}
public void fatalError(SAXParseException e) throws SAXException {
System.out.println("Fattal error: ");
printInfo(e);
}
private void printInfo(SAXParseException e) {
System.out.println(" Public ID: "+e.getPublicId());
System.out.println(" System ID: "+e.getSystemId());
System.out.println(" Line number: "+e.getLineNumber());
System.out.println(" Column number: "+e.getColumnNumber());
System.out.println(" Message: "+e.getMessage());