schema

Discussion in 'XML' started by Michael Bane, Sep 10, 2003.

  1. Michael Bane

    Michael Bane Guest

    Friends

    I'm struggling with schemata and seek your expertize, particularly for
    restrictions/extensions on one or more elements?

    Specifically, if I have schema1.xsd with compulsory element
    'executable' and wish to import this into schema2.xsd but not allow
    'executable' how would I do that? (This is for schema1.xsd being a
    schema for Globus2.x GRAM RSL and schema2.xsd being my local schema
    and 'executable' not being needed since I know this from elsewhere.)

    I'll leave the issue of namespaces until I've sorted the above!

    Thanks. Michael

    PS: What are the recommended books for XML, particularly schema, XPath
    and XSLT; something clear, well explained and with lots of examples
    would be best for me... thanks again

    Michael Bane, Sep 10, 2003