    I am creating a calculator emulator at assembly level since the math processing on my 32 bit computer will not work. So since I am going to be working with this number at low level binary, I was hoping for some kind of shortcut, perhaps mathematical, that would convert the result with significantly less processing at an emulation level.

    I am asking in a C++ forum because most of the program is written in that language with inline asm where it needs to be.

    Thanks in advance for your help.
    N1GHTS, Feb 20, 2008

  2. N1GHTS

    N1GHTS

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    I figured out the answer on my own, and I also realized that this forum is not an appropriate place to ask this question because the answer is heavily in the realm of mathematics and not in C++ specific syntax as this forum seems to focus on.

    For any of you who are interested in the answer, there is a couple of good examples of techniques that reduce the amount of multiplication needed to compute the power of numbers on wikipedia under the keyword "exponent".
    N1GHTS, Feb 20, 2008