Script in webpage

clivegisworkuk

Hi

I have copied an ASP tutorial running on pocket IE.

1)
The ASP does not run on Pocket IE, comes-up with error:
No application associated with ..

2)
The script also appears in the webpage. Any ideas why????

Cheers
Clive

<%Response.Buffer=True%>
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>New Purchase Order</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE="Tahoma">

<TABLE WIDTH=500 BORDER=0>
<% End If %>
<%
Dim oCn ' Database Connection
Dim oRs ' Recordset Object
Dim cSQL ' SQL Statement
' Open Database Connection
Set oCn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
oCn.Open "DSN=Housing;pwd=nopass;"
......etc
%>

<TR>
<TD><%=oRs("Name")%></TD>
</TR>

<TR>
<TD><%=oRs("Address")%></TD>
</TR>

<%
Loop
' Close Recordset
oRs.Close
Set oRs = Nothing
' Close Connection
oCn.Close
%></TABLE>

</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

1)
The ASP does not run on Pocket IE, comes-up with error:
No application associated with ..

2)
The script also appears in the webpage. Any ideas why????

You're accessing the ASP page using c:\whatever\file.asp or
\\server\share\file.asp instead of http://server/file.asp?

Jeff Cochran

Hi

I have copied an ASP tutorial running on pocket IE.

1)
The ASP does not run on Pocket IE, comes-up with error:
No application associated with ..

2)
The script also appears in the webpage. Any ideas why????

ASP has to be processed by a web server. Pocket IE isn't a web
server.

Jeff

clivegisworkuk

Hi

I have modified the script to redirect to my computer (127.0.0.1)
<%
Dim strUserAgent
Dim strUserOS
strUserAgent = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT")
strUserOS = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_UA-OS")
if (instr(1,strUserAgent, "Windows CE") > 0) then
Response.Redirect"mobilewincepage.asp"
if (instr(1, strUserOS, "POCKET PC")) then
Response.Redirect "http://BHHENVXP6401/zipcliveswan.asp"
end if
end if

%>

On my PC the ASP file is recognised, the Pocket PC has the ASP file as
an unrecognised symbol - the html file has a IE graphic.

I am trying to test the ASP file locally using my PC name!!!

Any further ideas???

Cheers

[...]

Yeah, read what we've been answering. Your Pocket PC isn't running a
web server. ASP doesn't work with just IE, it needs a web server to
process is. No matter what you do, or how you access the file, until
you install a web server on your Pocket PC you can't run ASP on it.

Jeff

Randy Rahbar

I have modified the script to redirect to my computer (127.0.0.1)
<%
Dim strUserAgent
Dim strUserOS
strUserAgent = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT")
strUserOS = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_UA-OS")
if (instr(1,strUserAgent, "Windows CE") > 0) then
Response.Redirect"mobilewincepage.asp"
if (instr(1, strUserOS, "POCKET PC")) then
Response.Redirect "http://BHHENVXP6401/zipcliveswan.asp"
end if
end if

%>

How about doing the processing on your computer (assuming
http://BHHENVXP6401/zipcliveswan.asp is your computer and you have a web
server running on it):

Put your code in... say default.asp on your computer
(http://BHHENVXP6401/default.asp):

<%
Dim strUserAgent
Dim strUserOS
strUserAgent = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT")
strUserOS = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_UA-OS")
if (instr(1,strUserAgent, "Windows CE") > 0) then
Response.Redirect"mobilewincepage.asp"
if (instr(1, strUserOS, "POCKET PC")) then
Response.Redirect "zipcliveswan.asp"
end if
end if
%>

Put both pages (mobilewincepage.asp and zipcliveswan.asp) in the same
directory as default.asp.

Using your PocketPC, browse to http://BHHENVXP6401/default.asp.