scrolling, or rather shifting, text field contents

Sebastian Lisken

This is not about scrolling text, marquee-style, in a text field. I just
wonder if there is a way of controlling the position of long content in
a short field. You know, when the field can't display the whole content,
I'd like to control, via Javascript, which part of the content is shown
in the field. I use setSelectionRange to set the cursor to the end of
the content, but the cursor is then out of view because the field
displays the beginning of the content. This is what I'd like to change.
Is that possible? Any help would be much appreciated. IE-specific
solutions are useless to me, Mozilla-specific solutions welcome.

Sebastian Lisken