Scrolling some table rows while locking others.

Peter Rilling

You know in Excel you have the ability to lock certain rows such that the
rows under it allow you to scroll but the locked rows say on the screen.
This is especially useful when dealing you want headers to stay in place
because you might have a lot of rows that need to scroll.

I would like to do that same thing in ASP.NET. Does anyone have any
suggestions about the best way to do this?

Lucas Tam

You know in Excel you have the ability to lock certain rows such that the
rows under it allow you to scroll but the locked rows say on the screen.
This is especially useful when dealing you want headers to stay in place
because you might have a lot of rows that need to scroll.

I would like to do that same thing in ASP.NET. Does anyone have any
suggestions about the best way to do this?

Couple ways:

Use IFrames. Place the headers outside of the iFrame, place the data in an
iframe.

Javascript/DHTML/CSS (lots of examples online):

http://www.xmlpitstop.com/Examples/ShowHighlightedExample.aspx?
Example=StickyTableHeaders