search engine questions

PoetStorm

Hi, I do not know if anyone has gone through this with Google but they have
a way to submit your site. Does anyone know if you should just submit the
main ones or also any sub pages for maximum hits? I do not know if google
will automatically scan subdirectories. Thanks!

Laura

Mark Parnell

PoetStorm said:
Hi, I do not know if anyone has gone through this with Google but
they have a way to submit your site. Does anyone know if you should
just submit the main ones or also any sub pages for maximum hits? I
do not know if google will automatically scan subdirectories. Thanks!

From http://www.google.com/addurl.html:

<quote>
Please note: Only the top-level page from a host is necessary; you do not
need to submit each individual page. Our crawler, Googlebot, will be able to
find the rest.
</quote>

PoetStorm

Oops, thanks I must have missed that.somehow. I usually don't ask for
redundant info. Sorry!

Laura

Big Bill

Hi, I do not know if anyone has gone through this with Google but they have
a way to submit your site. Does anyone know if you should just submit the
main ones or also any sub pages for maximum hits? I do not know if google
will automatically scan subdirectories. Thanks!

Laura

What you should do is have a site map on your second level. That way
the engines can access everything easily so those with an inclination
can easily index all the pages.

BB

MFW Britpack www.extreme-positioning.co.uk
There is only one war, and it's not the rich against the poor,
the blacks against the whites, the Federation against the Borg,
or the Democrats versus the Republicans. It's those of us who
aren't complete idiots against those of us who are.

Rob McAninch

PoetStorm
Mark Parnell said:
PoetStorm said:
Hi, I do not know if anyone has gone through this with
Google [...] I do not know if google will automatically
scan subdirectories. Thanks!

From http://www.google.com/addurl.html:

Oops, thanks I must have missed that.somehow. I usually don't
ask for redundant info. Sorry!

Of course that only works if you have links on that top level
page to all the others. Typically better to submit a sitemap that
does link to everything.