    main ones or also any sub pages for maximum hits? I do not know if google
    will automatically scan subdirectories. Thanks!

    Laura
    PoetStorm, Jun 23, 2003

  2. PoetStorm

    Mark Parnell Guest

    PoetStorm wrote:
    > Hi, I do not know if anyone has gone through this with Google but
    > they have a way to submit your site. Does anyone know if you should
    > just submit the main ones or also any sub pages for maximum hits? I
    > do not know if google will automatically scan subdirectories. Thanks!

    From http://www.google.com/addurl.html:

    <quote>
    Please note: Only the top-level page from a host is necessary; you do not
    need to submit each individual page. Our crawler, Googlebot, will be able to
    find the rest.
    </quote>

    --

    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Jun 23, 2003

  3. PoetStorm

    PoetStorm Guest

    Oops, thanks I must have missed that.somehow. I usually don't ask for
    redundant info. Sorry!

    Laura

    PoetStorm, Jun 23, 2003
  4. PoetStorm

    Big Bill Guest

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 02:06:12 GMT, "PoetStorm" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi, I do not know if anyone has gone through this with Google but they have
    >a way to submit your site. Does anyone know if you should just submit the
    >main ones or also any sub pages for maximum hits? I do not know if google
    >will automatically scan subdirectories. Thanks!
    >
    >Laura

    What you should do is have a site map on your second level. That way
    the engines can access everything easily so those with an inclination
    can easily index all the pages.

    BB

    MFW Britpack www.extreme-positioning.co.uk
    There is only one war, and it's not the rich against the poor,
    the blacks against the whites, the Federation against the Borg,
    or the Democrats versus the Republicans. It's those of us who
    aren't complete idiots against those of us who are.
    Big Bill, Jun 23, 2003
  5. PoetStorm

    Rob McAninch Guest

    PoetStorm

    > "Mark Parnell" <> wrote:
    >> PoetStorm wrote:
    >> > Hi, I do not know if anyone has gone through this with
    >> > Google [...] I do not know if google will automatically
    >> > scan subdirectories. Thanks!

    >> From http://www.google.com/addurl.html:

    > Oops, thanks I must have missed that.somehow. I usually don't
    > ask for redundant info. Sorry!

    Of course that only works if you have links on that top level
    page to all the others. Typically better to submit a sitemap that
    does link to everything.

    --
    Rob - http://rock13.com/
    Web Stuff: http://rock13.com/webhelp/